Event Participation Agreement
This agreement (hereinafter referred to as the Agreement) is entered into and between YOUR NAME (hereinafter “Participant”) and the “Black Rock(s) Orange B.V.” (hereinafter “Organizers”) regarding the participation in the event of Burning Man Netherlands “Where the Sheep Sleep” (hereinafter “the Event”).
- Release and waiver of liability
- Environmental liability
- Force majeure
- Use of images
Release and waiver of liability
- Participant hereby acknowledges this Agreement and understanding of all the rules established for the Event including, but not limited to, the provision(s) in this Agreement.
- Participant, by signing this Agreement and participating in the Event, expressly agrees that the Organizers shall not be liable for any claims, losses, expenses, damages, demands, settlements and judgments arising from any loss or personal liability, including death, sustained by the Participant, any partner or affiliate of Participant.
- Participant assumes full responsibility for any such claims, losses, expenses, damages, demands, settlements, and judgments which may occur to the Participant, its partners or affiliates.
- Participant understands and is made aware of the natural conditions of the area for the Event and the possible risks this implies. The location is not specifically designed for the Event. The grounds have, due to its natural conditions various perils such as, but not limited to, an uneven terrain, natural obstacles and deferred maintenance of steps. Participant is made aware of that other risks, known or unknown, identified, or unidentified, anticipated or unanticipated might occur.
- Participants understand and acknowledge that Burning Man Projects U.S.A. and/or Black Rock City LLC are not the organizers of the event and therefor shall not be liable for any claims, losses, expenses, damages, demands, settlements and judgments arising from any loss or personal liability, including death, sustained by the Participant, any partner or affiliate of Participant.
- Participants agree that in case the event is cancelled, for whatever reason, the admission fee will not be returned. However the ticket will be valid for the next event.
- Participants agree that legal action taken or to be taken by either party regarding this Agreement or the rights and liabilities of the parties hereunder shall be brought only before a federal, state, or local court of competent jurisdiction located within the Netherlands sitting in the County of Amsterdam. Each party hereby consents to the jurisdiction of the federal, state, and local courts located within the Netherlands.
- This release and waiver will survive the expiration, lapse or other termination of this Agreement and releases any and all claims, losses, expenses, damages, demands, settlements and judgments.
- Participant assumes full responsibility for not causing any damage on the environment during the Event. Participant acknowledges the fundamental ruling principles of the Event and is made aware of the environmental policy. It is essential for the participation in the Event that environmental damages are minimized.
- The environmental policy for the Event is based upon the principle of Leave No Trace. The principle implies that the Participant is solely responsible for removing and handling all possible items that was brought to the Event by the Participant. If the Participant fails to do such, Participant will be held liable.
- Participant agrees to release the Organizers from liability, any failure or delay in performance under this Agreement to the extent said failures or delays are proximately caused by causes beyond the Organiser’s reasonable control and occurring without its fault or negligence, including failure of suppliers, licensors, subcontractors, and carriers; acts of civil or military authorities, national emergencies, fire, flood, threats or acts of terrorism, insurrection, and war.
- Participant understands that in the event of a force majeure, Participant has no right to claim any reimbursement or other compensation for tickets that cannot be used.
Use of images
- Participant understand and accept the Organizers policy for Use of Images.
- Participant understand and accept that no use of images, film or video obtained at the event may be made without prior written permission from the Organizers, other than personal use.