[fs] Participation Agreement
This agreement (hereinafter referred to as the Agreement) is entered into and between YOUR NAME (hereinafter “[fs] visitor”) and the non-profit Burning Man NL (hereinafter “Organizers”) regarding the participation in the [freespace] project (hereinafter “the [fs]”).
- Release and waiver of liability
- Environmental liability
- Force majeure
- Use of images
Release and waiver of liability
- [fs] visitor hereby acknowledges this Agreement and understanding of all the rules established for the [fs] including, but not limited to, the provision(s) in this Agreement.
- [fs] visitor, by signing this Agreement and participating in the [fs], expressly agrees that the Organizers shall not be liable for any claims, losses, expenses, damages, demands, settlements and judgments arising from any loss or personal liability, excluding death, sustained by the [fs] visitor, any partner or affiliate of [fs] visitor.
- [fs] visitor assumes full responsibility for any such claims, losses, expenses, damages, demands, settlements, and judgments which may occur to the [fs] visitor, its partners or affiliates.
- [fs] visitor understands and is made aware of the natural conditions of the area at and around the [fs] and the possible risks this implies. The location is not specifically designed for the [fs]. The grounds and the venue have, due to its natural conditions various perils such as, but not limited to, an uneven terrain, natural obstacles and steps. [fs] visitor is made aware of that other risks, known or unknown, identified, or unidentified, anticipated or unanticipated might occur.
- This release and waiver will survive the expiration, lapse or other termination of this Agreement and releases any and all claims, losses, expenses, damages, demands, settlements and judgments.
- [fs] visitor assumes full responsibility for not causing any damage on the environment during the [fs]. [fs] visitor acknowledges the fundamental ruling principles of the [fs] and is made aware of the environmental policy. It is essential for the participation in the [fs] that environmental damages are minimized.
- The environmental policy for the [fs] is based upon the principle of Leave No Trace. The principle implies that the [fs] visitor is solely responsible for removing and handling all possible items that was brought to the [fs] by the [fs] visitor. If the [fs] visitor fails to do such, [fs] visitor will be held liable.
- [fs] visitor agrees to release the Organizers from liability, any failure or delay in performance under this Agreement to the extent said failures or delays are proximately caused by causes beyond the Organiser’s reasonable control and occurring without its fault or negligence, including failure of suppliers, licensors, subcontractors, and carriers; acts of civil or military authorities, national emergencies, fire, flood, threats or acts of terrorism, insurrection, and war.
- [fs] visitor understands that in the [fs] of a force majeure, [fs] Supporting Member has no right to claim any reimbursement or other compensation for a membership that cannot be used.
Use of images
- [fs] visitor understand and accept the Organizers policy for Use of Images.
- [fs] visitor understand and accept that no use of images, film or video obtained at the [fs] may be made without prior written permission from the Organizers, other than personal use.